गुरुग्राम में फैक्ट्री बस के कर्मचारी को कुचलने के बाद विरोध प्रदर्शन में पुलिसकर्मी घायल, वाहन क्षतिग्रस्त

गुरुग्राम में फैक्ट्री बस के कर्मचारी को कुचलने के बाद विरोध प्रदर्शन में पुलिसकर्मी घायल, वाहन क्षतिग्रस्त

Cop injured, vehicles damaged in Gurugram protest after factory bus runs over worker

Violent protests erupted in Gurugram after a worker was killed by a factory bus. One police officer was injured, and several vehicles were damaged.

  • National News
  • 140
  • 22, Jun, 2024
Author Default Profile Image
Tamanna Varshney
  • @TamannaVarshney

Cop injured, vehicles damaged in Gurugram protest after factory bus runs over worker

Violent Protests Erupt in Gurugram Following Worker’s Death in Factory Bus Accident

Gurugram, Haryana — A violent protest broke out in Gurugram’s Sector 35 on Saturday after a tragic accident involving a factory bus led to the death of a worker. The incident has sparked significant unrest among the local workforce, resulting in clashes with the police, damage to property, and injury to law enforcement personnel.

Incident Details

The unfortunate incident occurred when a factory bus allegedly ran over a worker in Sector 35, Gurugram. The circumstances leading to the accident remain under investigation, but initial reports suggest that the worker was struck by the bus while it was maneuvering within the factory premises. The identity of the deceased worker has not yet been disclosed by authorities.

Outbreak of Violence

Following the worker’s death, a large group of his colleagues and local residents gathered at the site of the accident, quickly escalating into a violent protest. The agitated crowd began pelting stones at vehicles, including factory buses and police vans, in a display of anger and frustration over the incident. Several vehicles were damaged in the process, and the situation became increasingly volatile as more workers joined the protest.

Injuries and Damage

During the chaos, one police officer sustained injuries. The injured officer was promptly rushed to a nearby hospital for treatment. Authorities have confirmed that his condition is stable. The extent of the damage to vehicles and property is still being assessed, but video footage and photographs from the scene show significant destruction, with shattered windows and dented vehicle bodies.

Police Response

Police forces were deployed to control the situation and restore order. Eyewitness accounts and video footage reveal a tense standoff between the protesters and the police. Despite efforts to disperse the crowd peacefully, the violence continued for several hours before the situation was brought under control. The police have announced that they will be conducting a thorough investigation into the accident and the subsequent violence.

Community Reaction

The incident has sparked widespread concern among the local community and workers' unions. There is a growing demand for better safety measures and accountability from factory management to prevent such tragedies in the future. Workers have voiced their grievances, emphasizing the need for stringent safety protocols and better working conditions.

Official Statements

In response to the incident, a senior police official stated, "We deeply regret the loss of life and the subsequent unrest. We assure the public that a detailed investigation will be conducted to determine the cause of the accident and to hold those responsible accountable. We are also committed to addressing the concerns raised by the workers regarding safety and working conditions."

Local politicians and community leaders have also weighed in, calling for calm and urging authorities to take swift action to prevent similar incidents. They emphasized the importance of maintaining peace and resolving the issue through dialogue and cooperation.

Ongoing Investigation

The investigation into the accident and the violence is ongoing. The police are collecting evidence, including CCTV footage and eyewitness testimonies, to piece together the sequence of events that led to the worker's death and the subsequent protest. Authorities have also appealed to the public to come forward with any information that could assist in the investigation.


The tragic death of a worker in Gurugram has highlighted the urgent need for improved safety measures in factories and workplaces. The violent reaction from the community underscores the deep-seated frustrations and concerns regarding worker safety and rights. As the investigation progresses, it is hoped that justice will be served and steps will be taken to enhance safety standards, ensuring that such incidents do not recur in the future.

The situation in Gurugram remains tense, with increased police presence to prevent further unrest. Authorities have urged the public to remain calm and cooperate with the ongoing investigation to bring a resolution to this tragic event.

News Reference

Author Default Profile Image

Tamanna Varshney

  • @TamannaVarshney